Earlier this year I set up a massive list of goals for the year. I didn’t expect to make them all, nor did I actually want to him them all. If I did, that would mean that they were too easy!
Here’s a quick summary of where I’m at 9 months in.
Bolded goals have been completed.
- Complete Tough Mudder on Saturday March 29, 2013 in Los Angeles.
- Limit beer to 1-2/month. Drinks when out max 1 soda+alcohol/night.
- 5 reps of 1.5x bodyweight squats, deadlifts, and bench presss.
- Eat meals prepared with foods that have as few steps from farm -> table as possible.
- Figure out what’s going on with the knot in my back and my right knee system.
- Keep a fear journal for at least one month where I do something that scares me everyday and record it.
- Approaching people (esp. girls) I find interesting or attractive needs to be part of the way I live.
- Take improv, standup, or dance classes (bonus points for all 3)
- Record an original song. Bonus points for recording a 5 song EP
- Participate in NaNoWriMo in November
- Build Supreme Strategies blog and this blog by writing consistently. 1 post a week.
- Track lying in a document for a month.
Increase side business income to $5,000/month by end of year.Started GreatMate, so this goal is shelved.
- Build Supreme Strategies blog and this blog to XX,000 hits/month. Started GreatMate, so this goal is shelved.
- Build subscribers to this blog to 500. Decided not to allow people to subscribe to my blog.
- Create and run a successful e-commerce store selling either kombucha equipment or gardening supplies. Set up and sold a product on Kombucha Kings, but had to put on hold due to GreatMate.
- Develop business systems for any task that is predictably repeatable and can be delegated. Devote at least 5 hours a week (or 2-3 tasks) to this goal. Doing OK on this for GreatMate.
- Build robust morning and evening routines that are systematized and iterated on for best results.
- Meditate at least 5 minutes a day. Making progress here, but it’s slow.
- Spend at least one Sunday a month 100% unplugged.
- Call grandparents 1x/week.
- Weekly call with Jon 1x/week.
- See Mom at least 1x/mo or Skype if not possible
- G+ hangout with brother 2x/mo
- Spend at least a month outside of the U.S. this year. Currently at two weeks, with 4 weeks spent in San Francisco this year as well.
- Plan or suggest at least 1 activity a month with friends, ideally bringing different circles together.
- Plan fun, awesome dates with girls I find interesting
- Make talking to girls I find attractive part of my personality. A work in progress.
- Volunteer 6x this year.
- Start a podcast
- Gain 1-2 more mentors who have expertise in fitness, marketing, business, writing, or music
- Create an LLC that allows me to optimize my tax strategy
- Host a dinner party once every 2 months
- Create an event that people love. Potential: Fancy running parties.
Places / Events
- Brazil – Rio de Janeiro
- South Korea
All in all, not too bad considering I started GreatMate about a month after writing this out of the blue. It’s taken up a considerable amount of my time (as it should) and as a result a few of these goals have simply shifted. However, there are a bunch that I’ve just dropped the ball on – mainly anything having to do with tracking something, or doing something on a repeatable schedule.
Time to fix that. Check back in a few months for the next update!